Tuesday, July 24, 2012

first things first

Simplify.

Talk about one of the most difficult mantras to actually practice. However, I have made a step or two (or just one, actually) in that direction.

Take "exhibit A"-- my newest and best goal yet: Wake up earlier.

I have been testing out this goal for weeks now, but I finally just jumped in and fully committed. My, how it has been fabulous. (Read "tested" as "tried several times and hit the snooze button about 85% of the time.)

For my own benefit, I am reminding myself why I am sticking with the routine (because it is hard for me to get up at 5:30 on purpose each morning):

1. I am most productive in the early morning, so I knock out all my cleaning and organizing to-do's along with a short little workout. This equates to more play time with the family. I come home and make dinner and PLAY and PLAY and PLAY...you get the point.

2. Who needs to stay up really late anyway? I just spend that time usually searching for a new tv series to digest with Dane. I might as well be sleeping, one of my favorite hobbies.

3. A good start usually means that you will keep with the goodness. If I have a lazy start to my day, I am way more willing to justify more laziness.

This may not seem like simplifying to some, but it is freeing up a lot more of my post-work time. At night Enzo and Dane had to compete with dishes, laundry, chores, grocery shopping, etc. My time can now be more about them. And that makes me one happy momma!

No comments:

Post a Comment